Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Home Sweet Home

This weekend, we went to Lawrence to take a second look at two houses that we had liked during previous visits. We wanted to compare them back-to-back. Both were very nice houses...but it was immediately clear to us that the second house was a better fit for our little (yet quickly expanding) family. As of tonight, we are officially under contract with the sellers. Yipppeee! If you refer to my earlier post, Big n' Lil Posts: SOLD, then you know that it was difficult for me to come to terms with the fact that I would not be in my own home when baby #2 arrived. I am still pinching myself...because our close/move in date is 2 weeks before the baby is due. I know that anything can happen and the baby could come early, but I'm so thankful that we have the opportunity to be in our home and somewhat unpacked and settled before the baby is SUPPOSED :) to come. God is good...and He knew the plan all along. All He wanted is for me to trust him regardless of the outcome.

Of course, we still have the inspection to get through but the home is 8 years old so we are hoping that nothing major will come of it. I've gotten a little misty-eyed as I have been thinking about saying goodbye to our Colorado home next week when we travel home to move out. Having a new home to look forward to sure is good for our souls. :)

Here is a pic of the new Postlethwait casa. Had to crop it to get rid of the address that the realtor plastered on the photo.

No comments: