Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sammy's Album

I started Sam's album not long after he died in 2006. After finishing a few pages, it proved to be too much for my battered heart so I put it aside for at least a year. I am able to get a few pages done here and there, now and then. One of the biggest motivations for doing the album was so that my children would know who their Uncle Sammy was. I found Linkan Samantha (named after her Uncle) on the floor a few weeks ago, looking through the pages of his album. We leafed through them together and I told her all about him. Yea... There were a few tears...

I still think of him every single day and wish we were together. Love you, bro. Linkan does too.


Looking at our last family photo together in May 2006.


Looking at precious pictures of MoMo and big brother together.


Looking at pictures of Sam and his friends, Brandon and Tiffany.


Pointing at the beautiful concrete cross with a permanent solar light that was erected by his coworkers at the place where Sam passed away in Florida.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As hard as it was, I found making a scrap book to be so very helpful. I made one for my dad a few years ago. I cried over every page...I still cry looking at it...I cried opening every package of pictures from family...but I love hearing the stories from people when we look at it.
Laura Claffey